We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am fascinated by Trains

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I am fascinated by Trains

Considering a trip of about 3 weeks to a month's duration in Europe. Flying into and out of Frankfurt. Will stay a few days each in Frankfurt, Berlin, Prague, and Budapest. Traveling by train from Frankfurt to Berlin then to Prague, then to Budapest. Returning from Budapest to Frankfurt by plane as it seems like a long train trip between these two cities.

Since my wife and I are flexible, due to retirement, we can go any time of the year. We are looking at late April or early May. How will the weather be in these cities at those times? Unfortunately, we can't come over in the summer months because we are using frequent flyer miles and it takes much fewer miles to fly before the summer months. Are the trains crowded during April and May? How about those particular cities?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,357 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am fascinated by Trains

All is fine in the cities and months that you want. Don't worry, enjoy your trains.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,390 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am fascinated by Trains

No promises about the weather but it should be fairly nice, and you will miss the tourist rush. I haven't been on it but my partner works for German railways and told me that there is a pretty fancy high speed train than runs from Budapest to Munich. The scenery might be rather nice too

3. Re: I am fascinated by Trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 06:16