We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad Car rental experience at Europcar Frankfurt Airport

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Bad Car rental experience at Europcar Frankfurt Airport

Booked a car through corporate travel for pock up in FRA @Europcar with confirmed reservation for a full size 4 door Auto AC car. The rental car area is tough to find. There are no signs at luggage belt where the rentals are. Finally figured out. There were 4 sales persons but none was interested. I waved to one who was forced to serve me. Told me they have all manual cars and stressed I should get one. I firmly denied citing my reservation and company policy regarding driving in foreign countries. They asked me to wait 15 minutes. I waited an hour but no one calling me despite I am sitting in front of them. So I walk up to a counter without being called and asked why I am not served. An apology and promise of another 15 minutes. One more hour passes and then I got real angry. The manager intervenes and gives me a passat. It looked to me they had the keys since last hour. They were all chit chatting and doing everything but to aerve customers.

On return journey, I found the rental return area and parked the car. The attendant took

Keys ans sat in car for 10 minutes god knows what he was looking for. Finally

Comes out and says I can go. But, where's my receipt? He says I dont give one

Go up one floor and you will get one. So I go one floor up and guy is constantly

On his cell but asks me to go one floor up. Go there and told go one floor down.

What the f***. After 20 minutes finally one guy tells me I need to go to the booking

Office. Went there and got receipt and asked why the attendant with a handheld

Device wod not print me a receipt? Answer is thats how this airport location works.

This Europcar location sucks. Employees are just not intersted in working or helping customers.

1. Re: Bad Car rental experience at Europcar Frankfurt Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 18:05
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
19,709 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bad Car rental experience at Europcar Frankfurt Airport

I treat the first post with some scepticism! yes, if the poster was demanding an auto car, there could well have been a delay if the previous renter had not returned the car in time. the claim that the car keys were there for an hour is suspicious. how on earth did the op work that one out? even if they were there, the car would have had to be cleaned etc and possibly refuelled.

oh, and by the way, follow the "mietwagen" signs to find the rental desk, after all, you are in Germany and signs are usually in german.

second poster. the charge was possibly for scdw. did you tell the desk that you were prepared to deposit the normal 1000€ excess or not?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bad Car rental experience at Europcar Frankfurt Airport

At Frankfurt Airport the signs are bilingual "Mietwagen/Rental Cars" and the car rental stands are right opposite the arrivals exit. You've got to be blind to miss them.

The second post: I mistrust users with one post only posting telephone numbers.

Edited: 19 October 2013, 15:19
Frankfurt
Level Contributor
543 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bad Car rental experience at Europcar Frankfurt Airport

Car rentals at Frankfurt airport are pretty easy to find and I have never had any problems with Europcar at Frankfurt airport (or with Hertz, Sixt or Avis either).

5. Re: Bad Car rental experience at Europcar Frankfurt Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:16