We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankfurt Car Show

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Frankfurt Car Show

Hi guys...

I'm planning to visit the Frankfurt car show on the weekend of 21st September and I'm looking for a place to stay (for my wife and myself).

The hotels in the city centre are extremely expensive and I was thinking of staying nearer to the airport. I've found an ACHAT hotel that is quite near to the airport. I saw a train station 'Langen Flugsicherung' nearby.

A few questions here:

1. Are there direct trains from here to Frankfurt city and are they frequent?

2. Are the train fares expensive? (I reckon that if the train fares are expensive, it negates the cost benefit of staying away from city)

3. Would you have any other recommendations of places to stay?

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,016 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frankfurt Car Show

Heres a link to the local tranport site you want F messe http://www.rmv.de/en/

Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,353 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Frankfurt Car Show

There are direct S-Bahn trains from there to the Messe (fair grounds).

RMV timetable

To: Frankfurt (Main) Messe

Single ticket is EUR 4,25. A mini group (up to 5 persons) day ticket is EUR 15,00.

Admission ticket to the Frankfurt Motor Show do however include local public transport inside the RMV local public transport association to the show and back. Thus no costs for this at all. The RMV area is quite huge - so huge that staying at its more distant ends is no option to commute to Frankfurt and back.

Level Contributor
543 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frankfurt Car Show

You will need to try your luck with accomodation. As you have found out the prices skyrocket during trade fairs and the car show is one of the largest trade fairs.

If the Achat hotel is really close to the station then it is probably not a bad option. The commute to the trade fair or the centre of Frankfurt is quite short.

4. Re: Frankfurt Car Show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 06:22