We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague to Frankfurt; 55 minutes to make connection to SFO

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Granite Bay...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Prague to Frankfurt; 55 minutes to make connection to SFO

I have never been to Prague, nor Frankfurt. For my return flight to San Francisco, I am booked on UA9061 (operated by Lufthansa) departing Prague at 10:05 a.m. and arriving in Frankfurt at 11:20 a.m., leaving me a 55 minute connection time. My connection is with United UA902 flight that departs Frankfurt at 12:15 p.m. for San Francisco. I was hoping some of you who may have flown this particular route could advise me regarding your experiences with the connection time at Frankfurt and on time arrivals from Prague to Frankfurt on Lufthansa. I am somewhat uneasy about the 55 minute connection time.

Thanks to all for any feedback.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague to Frankfurt; 55 minutes to make connection to SFO

Your lugguage will most likely be checked through, If you hurry, you should be able to make it in time.

PS As it is a UA connecting flight, it is their problem to get you home, should you miss the plane.

Edited: 21 October 2013, 23:12
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
3,893 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague to Frankfurt; 55 minutes to make connection to SFO

It's a little bit tight, but absolutely doable.

If I'm not mistaken you will arrive in concourse A and depart from Z, which is good news because Z is just above A. There will be a passport control (exit schengen) between the two concourses, but that's usually pretty fast.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,064 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague to Frankfurt; 55 minutes to make connection to SFO

Yes, this will be tight. 55 minutes is short and if your flight from Prague is late, there is a chance of not making your flight. It is a risk. So if missing your connection would really impact your plans, then I would see if I could change my flights so that I had a longer connection.

On the other hand, if arriving at SFO later isn't too much of an issue for you, then leave it as is, hope for the best, and if you miss your connection, get on the next flight. The 12:15 flight is the last non-stop star alliance flight from FRA to SFO for the day, but there are other flights with one connection (NY, Newark, Phily, or Toronto), so chances are you could get onto one of those and still get to SFO the same day.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague to Frankfurt; 55 minutes to make connection to SFO

In July I missed a connecting flight in Frankfurt. Lufthansa had superb customer service. Of course the line was long, but when my turn was done I had a confirmed reservation for a flight the next day, an assigned seat, a boarding pass. My luggage was rerouted. Lufthansa arranged a room for the night, emailed my new schedule home, plus let me make two short calls. They were very efficient.

If you have short connection times in Frankfurt, take clean clothes and toiletries in your carry-on, just in case.

5. Re: Prague to Frankfurt; 55 minutes to make connection to SFO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 05:19