We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhine River cruise suggestions

new york
Level Contributor
742 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rhine River cruise suggestions

I will be in Frankfurt for 4 days in May. I would like to do a day trip to Heidelberg and another day on a Rhine River cruise.

What are the suggestions for a cruise that goes thru the interesting part of the Rhine. Other suggestions to add / combine to this day trip are welcome.

Thank you

Boppard, Germany
Destination Expert
for Boppard
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhine River cruise suggestions

You could take the train to either Bingen (left bank) or Rüdesheim (right bank) and the boat from there to St. Goar or St. Goarshausen, maybe to Boppard or Braubach. The take the train back to Frankfurt. You can interrupt your train ride or cruise to visit some of the towns on the way.

On the left bank, the most popular places are Bacharach, Oberwesel, St.Goar (for Rheinfels castle) and Boppard. On the right bank, Rüdesheim and Braubach (for the Marksburg).

Boat schedules for 2014 may not be available yet, check out

http://www.k-d.com/en/ and

www.bingen-ruedesheimer.com/rhine-cruise/

You will find quite a few suggestions in the TA Rhineland-Palatine forum as well.

Edited: 02 December 2013, 17:46
Boppard, Germany
Destination Expert
for Boppard
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhine River cruise suggestions

oops, that should be Rhineland-Palatinate forum, of course

new york
Level Contributor
742 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rhine River cruise suggestions

Thank you Delbo. I will look at the several options that are listed on the website. How long would the cruise + visit to a village or two + Markburg castle be? My time is limited and I need to know how much time to plan for this.

4. Re: Rhine River cruise suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:18