We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankfurt to Ulm by train

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Frankfurt to Ulm by train

I plan to travel from Frankfurt Airport to Ulm on 12 Mar morning.

My flight arrives at 6:20am

Plan to the direct train departs 8:53am

Do I need to reserve ticket from the web?

The standard fare is 70 EURO. The saving fare is 59 EURO but cannot change the time.

How much I have to pay if I buy at station?

Thanks a lot.

UK
Level Contributor
5,914 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frankfurt to Ulm by train

If you buy on the day, at the station, you pay the standard fare. Personally I would buy online as it's one less thing to worry about on the day.

Seat reservations are not compulsory - if you don't have a reserved seat you can just sit in any available seat. Reserved seats are clearly marked as reserved.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,142 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Frankfurt to Ulm by train

First check if your airline does not offer Rail&Fly tickets. These are the best deal.

bahn.de/i/…rail_and_fly.shtml

The flexible standard fare tickets cost the same if you buy online or from a ticket machine or at the counter.

Seat reservation is EUR 4,50. But is not compulsory. And for a single traveler and this connection I wouldn't buy one.

3. Re: Frankfurt to Ulm by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:19