We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankfurt Airport: Time required to take further connection

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pune, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Frankfurt Airport: Time required to take further connection

I will arrive at Frankfurt airport by Lufthansa flight (Terminal 1) at 4 pm and I have to take connecting United airline flight to Washington (US) departing at 5 pm ( same Terminal 1)

Is this one hour gap (de-boarding and re-boarding ) is enough? or I will be in trouble to catch connecting flight?

Thanks

Prasad

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,177 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Frankfurt Airport: Time required to take further connection

Minimum connection time for FRA is 45 minutes. Therefore, as long as your plane is on time you should be fine.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frankfurt Airport: Time required to take further connection

It's doable. Where are you flying in from? The United flight will most likely depart from concourse Z which is one level above concourse A, so a transfer from A would be fairly quick. If you arrive at B or C it will take some more time, but under normal circumstances and without delays it's still doable, though a little tight.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frankfurt Airport: Time required to take further connection

Thanks for replies which made me to relax.

I will arrive at Frankfurt airport by LH769 coming fro Pune (India) and departing Frankfurt by United UA 933 to Washington DC.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frankfurt Airport: Time required to take further connection

Well then you should hurry, as you will most likely arrive in B and you will have to re-clear security. Just don't dawdle and you should be fine.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,177 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Frankfurt Airport: Time required to take further connection

If you arrive at B have a look at the transfer tunnel (down at gate B13) to the gates at area A. That way you don't need to go through security, but I am not sure if you can also get to the gates Z through that way.

UK
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frankfurt Airport: Time required to take further connection

Someone arriving from India will always have to re-clear Security.

7. Re: Frankfurt Airport: Time required to take further connection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:20