We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to berlin from frankfurt

Calabar, Nigeria
Level Contributor
46 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
getting to berlin from frankfurt

Hi everyone, i will be flying into frankfurt in june(27th). Its my first time in germany and i need help on how to get to berlin by train. i tried booking a train ticket online stating the frankfurt airport train station as my entry point. the options for tickets that came up, shows frankfurt main hb as my entry point. My flight arrives at 5.30am and the train shedule shows 2 direct train rides from frankfurt main. one at 8:13am and another at 10:13am. i would like to know how to get to frankfurt main hb from the airport and how long it takes, in order to choose a ticket.

Thank you.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,503 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to berlin from frankfurt

First check if your airline offers Rail&Fly tickets. These would be by far the best deal (cheap and flexible tickets).

bahn.de/i/…rail_and_fly.shtml

If you arrive at the airport you need also a connection (and a ticket if you can't get a Rail&Fly ticket) from the airport to Berlin.

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: FRA FrankfurtAirport (will default to Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf or Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Regionalbf)

Destination: Berlin Hbf

Note that if you buy a savings fare (Sparpreis) ticket that such tickets are only good for the connection bought for. If your plane is late and you miss this connection the money for such a train ticket is lost.

2. Re: getting to berlin from frankfurt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 06:16