We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

70 min layover have current gate examples for my flight

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
70 min layover have current gate examples for my flight

Can this be done in 70 min arriving from USA

4/23 Z66-A07

4/24 Z69-A16

4/25 Z69-A09

THANK YOU Anne

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
8,104 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 70 min layover have current gate examples for my flight

Absolutely. Minimum connection time for international flights in Frankfurt is 45 minutes.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
8,104 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 70 min layover have current gate examples for my flight

So, winkeruwe, you have signed up to TA just to state that 50% of passengers with a layover of 70 minutes or less and despite gates in the same concourse miss their connection in Frankfurt? Well...

UK
Level Contributor
6,415 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 70 min layover have current gate examples for my flight

You're not telling us where you're going to, but as you're departing from an A gate I assume it's somewhere in the Schengen zone. In that case you will need to clear Immigration and Security, which means that it'll be a tight connection - but perfectly do-able as long as there are no significant delays. (You won't have to collect and re-check baggage, assuming it's all on one ticket)

If it's all on one ticket then the worst that can happen is that you will get rebooked on the next available flight.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 70 min layover have current gate examples for my flight

Chicago USA to FRA to Budapest

More current gate info

4/23 Z66-A07

4/24 Z69-A16

4/25 Z69-A09

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,775 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 70 min layover have current gate examples for my flight

Frankfurt is actually one of the more efficient airports and winkeruwe is just a troll.

If your flight is on time, 70 min. is sufficient. Z and A are next to each other. Have a look at the airport map:

frankfurt-airport.com/content/frankfurt_airp…

You could also take a look at your flights on time record to get a good idea of whether it might be early or delayed.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
8,104 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 70 min layover have current gate examples for my flight

Btw: There is no security for inbound passengers from the US in transit to other European destinations, only passport control.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 07:02
UK
Level Contributor
6,415 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 70 min layover have current gate examples for my flight

"Btw: There is no security for inbound passengers from the US in transit to other European destinations, only passport control."

Are you sure about that? I arrived at a Z gate recently (from the UK) and had to go through Security on my way to my onward gate in Terminal A (the security checkpoint was by the Immigration checkpoint). I did not have go to through Security going in the other direction on the way back.

I am aware that re-clearing Security is not mandatory when in transit from a country on the "safe list" (and both the UK and the USA are on that list), but at many airports passengers have to re-clear Security even when there is no legal requirement to do so because of the airport's lay-out (i.e. the absence of a separate area for arriving passengers from "safe" non-Schengen countries).

Edited: 26 April 2014, 10:12
Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
8,104 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 70 min layover have current gate examples for my flight

You are right, Aviatrix, I shouldn't generalize as there are exceptions from the rule. For some reason, Frankfurt has only partially implemented that transit passengers don't need a re-screening (mostly due to the layout of the terminals, I guess).

For once, there are countries that don't meet the security standards the EU countries agreed upon. So those transit passengers have to go through a screening again for sure. But usually for flights from the US re-screening is not required since the US are considered safe.

However, arrivals from the UK do have to go through security when changing planes in Frankfurt. Maybe it is a revenge for the UK not joining the EU agreement and making all passengers from Europe (as well as the rest of the world) go through security upon layover at British airports. I don't know. There's no re-screening for UK passengers in Munich on the other hand as far as I know. It's all ridiculous...

Edited: 26 April 2014, 10:51
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 70 min layover have current gate examples for my flight

Appreciate answer. So arriving in FRA from US & going to BUD will prob go thru passport /immigration control? Today the flight arrived & left from Terminal 1. Gate Z69-Gate A06. 8 minute early arrival. Pray for me as a woman traveling alone (never International) I am nervous.

I hope I can pay Taxi with credit card...

Thanks again.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,670 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 70 min layover have current gate examples for my flight

<So arriving in FRA from US & going to BUD will prob go thru passport /immigration control?>

You will *certainly* go through passport / immigration control when you arrive in Germany from the United States.