We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car question

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Rental car question

Hi folks,

Planning to collect a rental car at Frankfurt airport and drive to Switzerland, France, Spain and then back to Frankfurt before flying back to New Zealand. Any issues with taking the car to those countries apart from tolls?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car question

all these countries are allowable on a car rented in germany. the only thing to remember is that when entering switzerland you will be required to purchase a pass to use their motorways. unfortunately you can only purchase an annual one for around 30€ . daft , i know, but thats all you can purchase. spain and france will have tollbooths on their autobahns

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,232 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car question

Do check if you have rstricted mileage on the car, as you are planning a very long drive and it can get very expensive if you have to pay extra kms

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car question

Thanks a lot for the replies. The car will have unlimited mileage.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
12 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car question

Funny experience yrs ago. I rented the least expensive Mercedes at the Frankfurt airport and when they heard I was going to drive into Poland they said no Mercedes allowed and switched me to their most expensive Volvo. They said the Poles don't steal Volvos.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car question

No one would steal a Volvo.

6. Re: Rental car question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:16