I live in LA USA and would be visiting DE in Aug-Sept
Most of the journey we are taking trains but would like to drive cars on Autobahns too!
Following are my concerns:
1. Is US license good enough or I need international license?
2. I can understand like US it is cheaper to rent a car NOT from Airport/Train station. Any suggested
Car rental companies? I perefer the internatinal ones like AVIS or HERTZ? Are they good?
3. What optimal insurance is ok?
4. I would like to drive out of country to prague and leave car to Berlin - what should I take care of?
5. Do we get to rent GPS (in Eng ) like in US?
6. I have read in forums that companies charge ( i.e. try to dupe you) any experience?
7. What credit cards work ( i do not have chip credit cards like in EU it is US card)