We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need info re: FRA terminals

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Need info re: FRA terminals

Hi

I am a US national returning from India and going to Washington DC. On my 8+-hour layover at FRA, I plan to take a train ride into Aldstadt. I may need to check in a small bag at the airport storage for the duration. Could anyone tell me into which terminal the flight from India would arrive, and from which terminal my Washington flight would depart? If they are different terminals, then it would be tricky to leave the bag in one terminal, then come back to pick it up and go to the other terminal. What about time required to do all this? Thanks very much.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need info re: FRA terminals

We can't tell you which terminals unless you tell us which airline you are using. You can also just google your flight and it will tell you where it is landing or departing.

frankfurt-airport.com/content/…en.html

The trains leave from terminal 1, so you can usually leave your carry-on there in the luggage storage facility.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
6,932 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need info re: FRA terminals

Assuming you will arrive in Terminal 1 since both Lufthansa and Air India are located in this terminal (plus United and Lufthansa depart from there to IAD) it will be easy to get your bag stored and find your way to the train station in the basement of the terminal (Regionalbahnhof).

Reg storage: frankfurt-airport.com/content/…fratab_d339764

Washington DC
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need info re: FRA terminals

Thank you Bornheimgirl. It is Lufthansa all the way. One more question - it is going to be a Sunday. Hope touristy things and restaurants in old town would be open?

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,224 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need info re: FRA terminals

Only stores in the city are closed on sundays, so no shopping, everything else like museums and such will be open.

5. Re: Need info re: FRA terminals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 06:16