We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to frankfurt

noida
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
first time to frankfurt

Hi friends,

I would be coming first time to Frankfurt with my husband and 6 yr old son around 1st week of September...My husband has some training there and we would like to club that with our vacation..so need your suggestion to plan our itinerary...we will be in Frankfurt for around 10 days and then can take around 3-4 days for vacation...so will need suggestion about what all me and my son can do in Frankfurt,which places can we visit,any child friendly destination...And also which other city we can do for our vacation...switzerland or paris or italy...which would be better..would liek to travel by train,so need info about train route also...

thanks in advance...

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
8,736 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to frankfurt

If you klick on the green "things to do" button at the top of the screen you will find tons of activities and sights in Frankfurt. With a child I'd put the zoo, Senckenberg Museum and the botanical garden Palmengarten on the top of the list. I'm sure you'd also enjoy a day trip to the castles on the Rhine, e.g. Rheinfels castle in St Goar, or Heidelberg or the reconstructed Roman Saalburg castle in the Taunus mountains... For a 3-4 day trip at the end I find Italy a bit out of the way - unless you were flying. Paris is easily reached by train from Frankfurt - but nearer are the Bavarian Alps (e.g. Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Mittenwald) or Bodensee/Lake Constance at the border to Austria and Switzerland.

Edited: 16 July 2014, 18:23
2. Re: first time to frankfurt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 05:17