We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 hour overlay at Frankfurt international airport

Chantilly, Virginia
14 posts
Save Topic
1 hour overlay at Frankfurt international airport

Greetings,

I will be on a Lufthansa flight from Washington DC to Istanbul with one hour overlay in Frankfurt International Airport. Do i have enough time to make my connection flight? Will there be security check or passport control? Will my checked-in luggage make it to the Istanbul airport?

I'm wondering if 1 hour overlay will be ok for international travel?

Thanks!

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 hour overlay at Frankfurt international airport

If it wasn't ok Lufthansa wouldn't sell that connection. Minimum connex time for international frights at FRA is 45 minutes and since you will stay in the transit, won't have passport control or anything you should have more than enough time to walk from one gate to the other. Luggage will be checked through to your final destination.

2. Re: 1 hour overlay at Frankfurt international airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 06:15