We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is 5 min layover sufficient from platform 6 to 7 at Fulda

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
is 5 min layover sufficient from platform 6 to 7 at Fulda

I am traveling from Frankfurt to Weimar by train. I will be taking ICE 596 from Franfurt to Fulda and from Fulda to Weimar by ICE 1643. I have only 5 minutes to change from Platform 6 to 7 at Fulda railway station. This connection is given by Deutsche bahn. I am worried if 5 mins. layover time is sufficient as I will have two luggage also.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
4,394 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is 5 min layover sufficient from platform 6 to 7 at Fulda

If they give you a connection time of just 5 minutes, then it's always for trains that leave from the same platform. So all you have to do is get off one train, walk to the other side of the same platform and enter the train waiting there.

DB doesn't give you any connections that are impossible.

In fact, I've sometimes managed to catch a train that "didn't even exist" when I looked up the connection, because the connection time was too short. And if you run, which I did, you can still make it. Feels good to beat the system ;-)

2. Re: is 5 min layover sufficient from platform 6 to 7 at Fulda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 07:16