We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only 45 minutes to transfer flights

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
462 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Only 45 minutes to transfer flights

Hi,

I'm attending a conference in Rimini in October and the flights that have been arranged for me from Brussels to Bologna and back are with a transfer in Frankfurt.

I know that there are direct flights from Brussels, but as this trip is arranged for me I don't have a lot to say in it.

However, I saw that both times (there and back) my transfer time in Frankfurt is really short: 1,5 hours there, only 45 minutes back.

I'm guessing I'll never make that?

Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,871 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only 45 minutes to transfer flights

The official minimum connection time at the Frankfurt Airport is 45 minutes, so you should be fine for both connecting flights if your plane lands on time. Study the airport layout in the flight magazine, follow the transfer signs, don't dawdle alomg the way, and you should have no problems.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
8,766 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only 45 minutes to transfer flights

No passport control, no customs, no security - should be an easy transfer unless there was a major delay with the inbound.

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
462 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only 45 minutes to transfer flights

Thanks a bunch!

I'm guessing my baggage will be sent through I'm just traveling within Europe

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,781 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only 45 minutes to transfer flights

Yes your bags will be checked through. With the 45 mins connection if your first flight is late then they will put you on the next available one, I guess a few hours later for Brussels. If a bag doesn't make it then they will deliver it to you at home

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
462 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only 45 minutes to transfer flights

Let's just hope everything goes as planned:)

Thank you for the quick help, I appreciate it!

6. Re: Only 45 minutes to transfer flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 07:16