We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeping ON Frankfurt Airport

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
10 posts
Save Topic
Sleeping ON Frankfurt Airport

I am not very young anymore and will arrive on a long haul flight with my partner, on Frankfurt Airport in January 2014.

We then have to wait 7 hours on Frankfurt Airport for our next long haul flight to Toronto.

--->Is there anywhere you can sleep on the airport for like 5 hours?

I see there is nice sleeping pods or mini hotel rooms on Munich and London airports that you can rent per hour, but nothing on Frankfurt? Surprising as Germany is so advanced.

Can any one please offer suggestions or help. I also tried to look for hotels that rent rooms during the day, but nothing on the airport unless you are a millionaire and can afford to pay $344 for the 5 star hotel on the terminal!, that to sleep for a few hours...

13 replies to this topic
Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,562 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleeping ON Frankfurt Airport

You could head into town, which only takes 11 min. and either go sightseeing to make good use of your time in Germany, or you could get a hotel room that is more budget friendly than the ones at the airport. Maybe Hotel Excelsior, or Holiday Inn Express.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g187337-i301-k68093…

Alternative is to pay to use one of the lounges at the airport or go to one of the Leisure Zones.

frankfurt-airport.com/content/frankfurt_airp…

frankfurt-airport.com/content/…lounges1.html

Montreal, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleeping ON Frankfurt Airport

Thank you for your response, but I see you actually can't sleep on the airport, they don't have beds in the lounge, just the same as an aroplane seat that can tilt back…not ideal!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,326 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sleeping ON Frankfurt Airport

If you have access to Terminal 1C, the departure area formerly used by El Al is excellent for sleeping as there is one large airy pleasant lounge with no armrests so that you can stretch out and sleep. However, you might have trouble reaching it if your flight doesn't depart from there as there used to be another layer of security there. Otherwise, I've never found a suitable free area in the airport to sleep.

Montreal, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sleeping ON Frankfurt Airport

Thanks. Now, to find out if we have access to that part of the airport...

Wiesbaden, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sleeping ON Frankfurt Airport

You'll be surprised at how other international airports around the world are waaay more advanced than German airports. Far from it. Even other services here aren't as advanced, as well. Roads and transportation, hands down, is amazing here! This site might help you.

sleepinginairports.net/europe/frankfurt.htm

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sleeping ON Frankfurt Airport

I was just thinking of the same thing and did a little research and the Hilton at the Frankfurt airport rents day rooms - from 9 am to 6 pm for 139 euros.

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sleeping ON Frankfurt Airport

I'm just thinking out of the box but could you just rent a car and sleep in it instead? Private'ish, AC and a place for your bags. Should be cheaper then a hotel.lol

I've never been to that airport fmor more than a couple hours but was looking for the same thing fir mu next trip.

Edited: 30 March 2016, 15:33
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sleeping ON Frankfurt Airport

I'm just thinking out if the box but could you just rent a car and just sleep in it instead? Private'ish, AC and a place for your bags. Should be cheaper then a hotel.lol

I've never been to that airport but was looking for the same thing.

Edited: 30 March 2016, 15:31
Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
6,919 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sleeping ON Frankfurt Airport

A rental car that is more comfortable to nap in than a lounge chair in the terminal won't come cheaper than a hotel room, that's for sure.

Check-Out between9and5com for dayrooms near Frankfurt airport: between9and5.com/en/…

More on staying in the airport during a layover: frankfurt-airport.com/content/airport-site/e…

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,562 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sleeping ON Frankfurt Airport

Where were you going to go to the toilet Justin?

Get a bed in a hostel in the city for 19 €.

Reply to: Sleeping ON Frankfurt Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted