We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Frankfurt, where should I go after Frankfurt?

Kuala Lumpur...
14 posts
Save Topic
What to do in Frankfurt, where should I go after Frankfurt?

Hi!

Im from Malaysia. Will be going to Frankfurt for work sometime in October(mid) for a week.

I plan to go there with my family (3 kids aged 6, 4 and 2).

I need a good guide on what to do and where to go in Frankfurt.

After that, we plan to go to neigbourhood countries... Not sure Paris or Swiss or Amsterdam.. somewhere else.

I know those places we can go by trains...

I would prefer to go to places that worth d money or at reasonable cost. Im travelling with small kids ;p

Btw, my kids is eager to play with snow.. I know its yet winter... but when I was in Swiss last time, there are places that we still can go and play with it... any recommendation? But it is not a must itenary.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Frankfurt, where should I go after Frankfurt?

Well, snow is a tricky thing - now it's here, now it's not. But your children could play with snow even now. There are some places where there's snow all year round. This here gives you an overview: schneehoehen.de/skiplaner/…schneesicher

If a place is marked in blue, there is enough snow to go skiing. However, you'll see that the lift passes are really expensive, so look for a place with snow in the valley. Example: At the Hintertuxer Gletscher, skiing is possible now, but there is no snow in the valley (Schneehöhe: 0 cm Tal, 125 cm Berg).

Switzerland is expensive, though.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Frankfurt, where should I go after Frankfurt?

If you want things to be reasonably priced you are probably better staying in Germany. And with your children being so small that makes more sense too (leave the snow for another trip....in the winter)

Certainly if you want it cheap, don't go to Switzerland, and Paris is very expensive too (although France in general is about the same as Germany).

There is plenty to do in Frankfurt and area for a week: have a look on this forum (and Rhineland-Palatinate forum). One idea: you could get a train along the Rhine Valley (towards Koblenz). Get get a ferry across the river eg Sankt Goar/Sankt Goarshausen and then a train back along the other side of the river.and back to Frankfurt. It's a very pretty stretch of the river, lots of castles and you can see the river traffic too

Kuala Lumpur...
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Frankfurt, where should I go after Frankfurt?

Thanks

4. Re: What to do in Frankfurt, where should I go after Frankfurt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 05:15