We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Frankfurt

Bombay
Level Contributor
164 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Frankfurt

I shall be in Frankfurt between 27th Sep to 1st Oct 2014 on a business visit.

My meetings are scheduled in a place called Schwalbach/Taunus

Google tells me that this place is about a half an hour ride from Frankfurt.

Could someone on the forum advise me on a hotel which could

# Be close to a transport line (train/bus) to Schwalbach/Taunus

# Located in a historical (or nice surroundings part) of Frankfurt

# And costs under USD 150/- a night

(Am sure point 2 & 3 would have diametrically opposite answers)

Hoping to hear from the forum

Cheers

T

Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Frankfurt

If you stay in Kronberg am Taunus you would have only 4 stopps to Schwalbach but you have to change lines from the S4 to the S3 in Niederhöchstadt, both lines go to the main train station in Frankfurt, so if you're up for a night on the town, no problem if you want peace and quite after a hectic day just stay in Kronberg.

Please use google to see some pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/p7uqko6 and here the options from the offical homepage of Kronberg, only in German kronberg.de/kronberg/… there are a few hotels booking.com doesn't show.

Inchicore, Dublin...
Level Contributor
995 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Frankfurt

Hi,

the first option would be Höchst, which is only a few minutes away from both the city centre and Schwalbach by commuter train. However the hotels in Höchst are not more than ok, unfortunately.

The other, possibly better, option would be Frankfurt Bockenheim, which is also between the city and Schwalbach - the side West of the station is quite modern, but you will find several hotel chains here (this is close to the trade fair centre). The side East of the station is closer to the middle of Bockenheim and nicer.

Holger

New York
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Frankfurt

The Westend in Frankfurt is an easy walk to the main train station and the S-Bahn which goes every 15 minutes to Schwalbach. The Westend is full of small, independent hotels which are just fine. I got a great deal through Priceline with Hotel Savigny. It's published rates are probably over $150 a night but I never pay more. Most hotels in Frankfurt are close to subway stops and most (all?) subways find their way to the main station. So you should have great flexibility. There ARE hotels closer to the train station, but I don't like the neighborhood. Even the Trade Fair grounds are just one stop from the train station and offers many hotels - some of which will offer good rates if no trade fair is on. (If a trade fair is on, ALL hotel rooms in Frankfurt will be over $150 a night.)

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,685 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Frankfurt

Stay in one of the pretty, residential neighborhoods of Frankfurt. The Westend is lovely and the main station is easy to reach.

Hotel Beethoven, Hotel Florentine, Hotel Goelz, Durazi Guest House, are a few to check out. Over in Bornheim, I would look at Alexander am Zoo.

Look on www.hrs.com to find more.

Bombay
Level Contributor
164 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Frankfurt

Hi,

Any views on the Holiday Inn Express - Frankfurt City - Hauptbahnhof

# Is this hotel located near the tourist attractions part of town?

# How far is the river from this hotel

# Lastly, does the S-Bahn (S3) line extend to the Hauptbahnof

Thanks

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
7,639 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Frankfurt

># Is this hotel located near the tourist attractions part of town?

Yes. Frankfurt is a rather compact city.

># How far is the river from this hotel

Two blocks, about 300m.

># Lastly, does the S-Bahn (S3) line extend to the Hauptbahnof

Yes.

7. Re: Hotel in Frankfurt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 05:15