We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

electronics

Which Fulda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
electronics

The battery charger for my Canon PowerShot camera can be used within a range of 100 to 240 volts in Europe. I have a plug adapter to connect the U.S. type plug to an overseas socket, but if the voltage falls within the range noted above, then no converter is required but I don't know if the voltage range falls within 100-240 volts in Europe....help?

Also..does anyone know if I can get 2 phones of any kind in Frankfurt Airport to be used by the 2 of us to: call the US, call within Germany, and to call each other?

3 replies to this topic
Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: electronics

Your battery charger should be fine. My chargers also have that voltage and, with plug adapters, have worked well in Europe.

Here's a link to all the electronics stores in the Frankfurt Airport. Looks like at least Base/E-Plus sells phones with SIM cards there.

frankfurt-airport.com/content/frankfurt_airp…

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,927 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: electronics

> but I don't know if the voltage range falls within 100-240 volts in Europe.

Germany is using 230 Volts

> call the US, call within Germany, and to call each other?

With the 2 latter there are plenty of offers. However few SIM cards/tariffs have good rates for calls to the US. E.g. Blauworld does

http://www.blauworld.de/?locale=en

Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: electronics

Thank you so much for your help! So one more question....what electronics normally need the converter?

Reply to: electronics
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fulda