We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regional bus service from Kassel

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Regional bus service from Kassel

Does anyone know if there is regional bus service connecting Kassel and Dresden , Germany ? I hope to get to Prague by bus eventually. Dresden to Prague by bus has been easily found. The Dresden -Kassel information has been unobtainable for me through internet search from N.America.

Edited: 20 December 2012, 15:18
Hanau, Germany
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regional bus service from Kassel

If you want to go on one ride you have to take the train, maybe possible if you hop from town to town but that would be very time consuming.

There is not really a long distance bus network in Germany, like Greyhound in the US, there was a law against it to protect the Bahn (train) inside Germany, not to long ago, I think beginning of this year, there was a court ruling allowing long distance busses in Germany, but the network is not in place all over so far, as long as you cross a border you can go by bus, see Dresden-Prague, or Frankfurt-Poland and so on, all I could find was train connections also.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,648 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Regional bus service from Kassel

When will you do this trip? First check if you cannot get cheap discounted specials from Kassel to Prague.

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: KASSEL

Destination: PRAGUE

There are no buses from Kassel to Dresden. If you want it slow and cheap you can use regional trains.

Start: KASSEL

Destination: Dresden Hbf

and select as means of transport "only local transport".

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regional bus service from Kassel

Thanks for explaining the situation re: German buses, or lack thereof. Makes it all clear now to me.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regional bus service from Kassel

Thanks for the information ! I'll inquire where you've suggested.

5. Re: Regional bus service from Kassel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2014, 00:15