We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ruedesheim Train Station

New Jersey
Level Contributor
103 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Ruedesheim Train Station

Coming from Frankfurt (FRA) airport I am debating wether to take train to Bingen and cross on passenger ferry or take train to Ruedesheim. I got off in Ruedesheim a few years ago and it was very hard to get off the train due to the big gap between the steps and platform. It was difficult to manage with luggage. Does anyone know if the platform was renovated in the meantime?

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,889 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ruedesheim Train Station

The train that runs the route between Frankfurt and Ruedesheim has been changed. These are all new trains, not quite 2 years old and the floor is much lower, with steps that extend to the platform now. They are very comfortable trains and you should have no problem getting on and off the train now. The older trains were truly difficult to get on and off, so glad they aren't on this route anymore.

I would take the S-bahn at the Regional Train station, track 3, to Wiesbaden and then switch to the hourly train that goes to Ruedesheim.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
103 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ruedesheim Train Station

Happy to hear it. Thank you so much. I will go to Ruedesheim via Wiesbaden instead of going via Bingen. Last time was truly embarrassing. I tried to put the suitcase down first and it fell over and knocked into someone.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ruedesheim Train Station

1:) Does anyone know the approximate distance from Ruedesheim station to the KD ferry terminal.

2:) I am travelling June 3rd -8th, would the ferries be busy at that time of year. Would I need to pre book, or could I just turn up at the terminal. I will be going to Boppard where I have a hotel booked.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,808 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ruedesheim Train Station

1) ~ 700 m to pier 11

ruedesheim.de/fileadmin/RUE/www.ruedesheim.d…

2) Not that busy.

You cannot book at all.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ruedesheim Train Station

Thanks for the prompt reply and the very useful information.

Regards Alan R

6. Re: Ruedesheim Train Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 05:15