We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get around in Schwerin

YFW
Canada
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How to get around in Schwerin

Could the Schwerin experts please advise how to get around in Schwerin?

Looking for advise on how to go frm Schwerin train station to the castle, to the other tourist attractions, lake cruise etc.

Thank you.

Germany
Level Contributor
321 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get around in Schwerin

I've been there twice and found it to be very walkable. Otherwise there are buses and trams. Map of public transportation here: nahverkehr-schwerin.de/export/…liniennetz.pdf where the squares are trams and the circles are buses. See also the city's tourism site in English: http://www.schwerin.com/english/index.phtml The attractions are each listed with a Google map so you should be able to figure out the transportation.

Seattle area
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get around in Schwerin

I also found Schwerin very walkable. From the front of the train station, I walked straight down the nearest street from the fountain to their beautiful lake-only a few blocks--then turned right and followed the lakefront walkway to some steps, turning right again and into the main Platz, where there is a tourist information center.

There are many lovely houses along the lake with beautiful facades. It is also easy to find the palace on the lake, with lovely gardens and a grotto, as well as the boat rides nearby, for a tour of the larger lake where the palace is situated. The palace, with an audiophone, was well worth a visit to the interior. I hope to return again next summer and see more of the region.

Edited: 08 May 2010, 08:34
Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,679 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get around in Schwerin

As mentioned, easy to walk around the city.

I downloaded the map off the Schwerin tourist website and made notes as to where I wanted to visit.

Last year when I visited, they were sprucing up the town (painting anything that didn't move) for the, then, upcoming garden show/exibition.

4. Re: How to get around in Schwerin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Schwerin