We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sparpries or Quer-durch-land to Berlin

Which Warnemunde hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Sparpries or Quer-durch-land to Berlin

We have 3 people going from Warnemunde to Berlin on Sunday, 6 July. I noticed that the sparpries is as low as 44 euros for 3 people? Does anyone know what is the price for 3 people on a quer-durchs-land ticket?

If the quer-durchs-land is lower, do I have to buy that in advance?

Much thanks and appreciation

California
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sparpries or Quer-durch-land to Berlin

On further research, I answered my own question. The least expensive ticket is the Schones-Wochenende ticket?

However, I need further clarification;

1. Does Schones-Wochenende Ticket need to be purchased in advance like the Sparpries ticket?

2. Does this ticket include local transport in Berlin to reach your destination?

3. Related question. Does my Bacharach to Hamburg ticket include local transport in Hamburg to reach my destination?

Much thanks and appreciation.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,552 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sparpries or Quer-durch-land to Berlin

1. No. You can buy it on spot from the ticket machines or for EUR 2 more at the counter.

But you can buy it also on short notice online (you'll have to print it out). Saves you the task to buy it in Warnemünde.

bahn.de/i/…

2. Yes.

The regional trains from Rostock proceed after Berlin Hauptbahnhof to Berlin Potsdamer Platz. One of the most central stations with quite a number of sights nearby.

3. A normal point-to-point ticket won't include local transport in Hamburg. But with your ticket to Hamburg you can travel to all train stations in Hamburg including the S-Bahn stations.

California
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sparpries or Quer-durch-land to Berlin

Abalada, Danke

Further Clarification:

1. To save time in Warnemunde, I did purchased the Schones-Wochenende ticket on-line. Although the ticket listed a specific time, I like to confirm that I am able to take a later train (in case I missed my preferred time) on the Schones-Wochenende ticket.

2. Once I reached Berlin, can I take either the U-bahn or the S-bahn with my Schones-Wochenende ticket to reached my final destination at Kurfuerstenstrasse 78 (Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre-West). If so, which stop?

Thanks again

California
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sparpries or Quer-durch-land to Berlin

Further question:

The printed Schones-Wochenende ticket indicated:

Klasse: 2

Erw: 1

We have 3 adults. Will the Erw: 1 make any difference:

Thank you again.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,552 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sparpries or Quer-durch-land to Berlin

1. The "ticket" is only the upper left box with the grey background of text and waves. The connection is printed on the ticket only as you bought the ticket via the timetable, as there is space left on it and for your convenience.

http://de-pic2.ciao.com/de/262745675.jpg

If you would have bought the ticket e.g. through this page no connection would be shown on the ticket.

bahn.com/i/…happy_weekend_ticket.shtml

2. Yes. Does cover all local public transport in Berlin.

BVG journey planer

fahrinfo-berlin.de/Fahrinfo/bin/query.bin/en

To: 10787 Berlin, Kurfürstenstr. 78

3. Don't think so. Using the direct Happy Weekend Ticket shopping link the system won't ask for the number of persons. E.g. on this newer ticket than the linked above one the number of adults (Erwachsene) is not shown.

…blogspot.com/-xWr7iGBPIFA/…P6262649.JPG

You need however to write the names of all travelers on the ticket before you start. It is not allowed to increase the group size after you have started your trip. Decreasing the group size is however allowed.

6. Re: Sparpries or Quer-durch-land to Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Warnemunde