We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to get a sense of Aachen

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
319 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to get a sense of Aachen

Im wondering if we should spend the night or stay in Cologne. Usually I like to relax and enjoy a place, rather than check of visiting main attractions on a list. Is Aachen a charming, atmospheric place, where one can relax and soak up th atmosphere or is it overrun with tour busses? Descriptions and opinions are most welcome.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to get a sense of Aachen

I like Aachen, but I only spent 5 hours there. Beautiful dom, great atmosphere IMO. Plenty of tourists, but the older German variety. I prefer it to Cologne fwiw.

2. Re: Trying to get a sense of Aachen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 10:16