We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Month Trip

Which Aachen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australind...
2 posts
Save Topic
3 Month Trip

Hey Guys,

I'm 25 next year and I'd love to give myself a present of travelling for a few months. I've never been overseas before and I'm sick of being happy for everyone else travelling on their once in a life time trips and never being the one going. I'm still in the early stages of planning etc. I'd love to hear from anyone who has done the same before or been to any of the places on my list. Any advice one how long to stay etc would be greatly appreciated

Start- London

Paris

Barcelona

French Riviera

Florence

Rome

Athens

Mykonos

Santorini

ios

Vienna

Venice

Swiss alps

Amsterdam

Mexico City

Cancun

Inchicore, Dublin...
Level Contributor
982 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Month Trip

Hi,

nice trip, but you should definitely include Aachen, as you are already in the Aachen forum:)

Seriously you could have some fun in Aachen as it has got a large university with many students at your age.

And why once in a life time? If you enjoyed it feel free to come back to Aachen whenever you like...

Holger

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,977 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Month Trip

Well, you are posting this itinerary on a NRW forum but there are no german destinations on your list :-)

Not sure if Aachen would be my first choice but it´s certainly worth a visit. Do you plan to visit any other cities or towns in Germany?

And I would add perhaps Istanbul to your list, it´s not so far from Greece and a very special and unique city! A magic city, where Orient meets Occident and where you can walk ( ride) from Europe to Asia within some minutes.

Edited: 27 June 2014, 21:47
Inchicore, Dublin...
Level Contributor
982 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Month Trip

...and despite patara's comments do include Aachen.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,977 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Month Trip

I didn´t say that he shouldn´t visit Aachen, not at all, but I wanted to say, that there are many more interesting destinations in Germany :-))

Inchicore, Dublin...
Level Contributor
982 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Month Trip

No, there aren't :))

Besides that, Dee N wants to do as many European countries as possible during his stay, and here is the point: In Aachen you can do 3 countries in less than one hour...

BTW Aachen was the major residence for Charlemagne and hence it is the birthplace of France and Germany.

Holger

6. Re: 3 Month Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:17