We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I walk from Koln Hauptbahnhof to Lanxess Arena?

Which Cologne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Can I walk from Koln Hauptbahnhof to Lanxess Arena?

Planning to stay right next to Cologne HB to attend a concert at the Lanxess Arena. Is this distance walkable to and from the Arena, and would it be safe at night after the concert has ended?

Thank you for any advice.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,316 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I walk from Koln Hauptbahnhof to Lanxess Arena?

You could walk to the Lanxass Arena via the Hoehenzollerbruecke or Deutzer Bruecke, whcih will take around 20 or 25 min. Late night I think Deutzer Bruecke is safer to cross e river (which is very safe in my opinion).

Alternative you can take the tram 1 or 9 from Bahnhof Deutz Lanxass Arena two stations to Heumarkt and walk across the Old Town to the cathedral, or take the S-ain from the train station in Deutz for one station to Central station.

Belfast, UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I walk from Koln Hauptbahnhof to Lanxess Arena?

Thanks Scotsman. I think we'll walk it.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
527 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I walk from Koln Hauptbahnhof to Lanxess Arena?

I also think you should walk. Take the Hohenzollernbrücke when crossing the Rhine. Not only is it the shortest way, but also it's the nicest. Nice view on the river and Altstadt and you pass by thousands of love locks attached to the bridge. Total distance about 1.5 kms of which about 800 m over the Rhine.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,990 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I walk from Koln Hauptbahnhof to Lanxess Arena?

I would suggest to walk too! You will have a wonderful view.

TheHague
Level Contributor
928 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I walk from Koln Hauptbahnhof to Lanxess Arena?

Its pretty safe at any time, before/after a concert or any other big event at the Lanxess arena its as safe as anywhere else in Germany, since via the Hohenzollernbrücke is one of the main routes between the city centre and arena. A nice walk day or night !

Edited: 13 March 2012, 15:41
6. Re: Can I walk from Koln Hauptbahnhof to Lanxess Arena?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:40