We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cologne (Dom) reservations

Which Cologne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
Cologne (Dom) reservations

I can't seem to get the English version of the Cologne Dom website? I'm trying to make reservations.

Any advice?

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,640 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cologne (Dom) reservations

I just clicked on the British flag and it switched into English. What kind of reservations do you want?

www.koelner-dom.de/index.php?id=19167&L=1

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,804 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cologne (Dom) reservations

I did a guided tour of the Dom (in English) in January - only 2 in the group and it was fantastic! - I just walked in and paid my money but I understand the tours are fuller & much more popular in summer - when are you visiting?

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,984 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cologne (Dom) reservations

I suppose that you can´t make reservation for a guided tour, except you are with a big group. You have to wait at the meeting point, the next tours normally are announced there. And if it is very crowded there will probably be some additional tours. At least it happened like this a couple of years ago.

But you shouldn´t miss the Cathedral, with or without a guided tour, it´s VERY interesting!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cologne (Dom) reservations

I would do it with or without the tour. Without the tour it's free (apart from a discretionary donation) we did it without and even with my limited knowledge of Catholism we enjoyed it. Even the exterior of the building is overwhelming, you can buy guides in English from various shops close to the cathedral and also I think from the tourism office which is close by.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,316 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cologne (Dom) reservations

Agree with the above, it is a great building.

If the weather is nice it is also worthwhile to walk about the few hundred stairs to enjoy a great view of Cologne and the surrounding areas. Wprthwhile the effort it takes

6. Re: Cologne (Dom) reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 05:17