We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An Afternoon & Day in Cologne (Sat-Sun)

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
An Afternoon & Day in Cologne (Sat-Sun)

Hi,

I am visiting Cologne in a few weeks on a short stop off from Saturday afternoon, to Sunday early evening. I would like to get as much done as possible. What are the must do's in Cologne, we have loosely planned; Cable Car, Boat Trip, NS Documentation Centre and hopefully pick up some Cologne in 4711. Do you think we will be able to get much more done, and other places we must see before going? Also any advice on best places to go for evening meal, and quite drink - I am driving in so cant have too much beer :-(.

Many Thanks,

Robert

Mentioned in this post
Cologne
Cologne
North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,006 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An Afternoon & Day in Cologne (Sat-Sun)

Obviously you should take time to visit the cathedral, and if interested climbing up the 'few' stairs to the top. Also a stroll through the Old Town would be recommended.

I am not sure if you have enough time for a boat ride though if you only stay for 1 1/2 days.

Regarding dinner, I would highly recommend visiting one of the brewery houses (if in the old town try either Paeffgen or Malzmuehle), even if you can only have one or two beer.

Tough I am wondering, are you not staying in Cologne overnight? If you do, leave the car at the hotel and use the good public transport.

Mentioned in this post
Paeffgen
Paeffgen
870 Reviews
Cologne, Germany
Cologne
Cologne
North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
2. Re: An Afternoon & Day in Cologne (Sat-Sun)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 05:18