We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cologne in March?

Which Cologne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nice, France
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cologne in March?

Hello

I'm going to Cologne for three days. Fri - Sun. On the Saturday evening we are going to the Laxness Arena to see Beyonce.

Is it walking distance from old town south - laxness arena.

Do you have any suggestions for activities for 18-24 yr old females in Cologne in March?

Thanks in advance.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,316 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cologne in March?

Well, it depends where your hotel is. If younare near the cathedral it is good 15 -20 min walk, crossing the railway bridge Hohenzoller Bruecke. Otherwise you could either take the S-Bahn to Deutz Bahnhof, or take the tram line 1,3,4 or 9 to Deutz Bahnhof. Probably depends on the weather as welll.

Well, I assume you like shopping, so heading to the shopping area in the city centre could be one thing to do (Hohe Strasse, Schildergasse, or for smaller boutiques Mittelstrasse). Definetely do not miss visiting the Cathedral, it is just beautiful.

For food and drinks, try one of the brewery houses for Cologne cuisine and the local beer Koelsch. In the old town I would recommend Paeffgen or Malzmuehle (both near the Heumarkt), as I find the other brewery houses in the Old town to touristry.

If you want more drinks after the concert, head either to Rudolfplatz for the Kaiser Wilhelm Ring for some bars and clubs, or the more studenty area at Zuelpischer Platz / Strasse.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cologne in March?

Thank you for all of this advice. I will look this all up before the trip :)

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cologne in March?

You'll no doubt end up near the Cathedral at one time and around the corner is Früh am Dom the brewery house par excellence, good hearty food and best Kölsch in town. Be careful though, the Köbes (waiter) is constantly replenishing the beer unless you cover the glass with the Bierdeckel.

4. Re: Cologne in March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 05:19