We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Cologne in the rain?

Which Cologne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Cologne in the rain?

We're going to be in Cologne this sunday for a few hours between trains with our two young children. We had planned on visiting the cathedral, the old town and a park or two, but rain is forecast so we'd like something we can do inside if the weather is bad that's inexpensive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

We are also looking for a place to eat dinner, we'd like something traditional but family friendly and with something suitable for vegetarians, any ideas?

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Cologne in the rain?

Nicola94,

Rain is a way of life where i come from so i will be out in it.

there is a Roman/Germanic museum more or less next door to the Dom if you care to look into the costs. Its a large museum and you can spend several hours in there if you choose.

There is another Roman excavation further into town, the Praetorium. My adult ticket was 9.50 E

One thing i think everyone would like is the Lindt Chocolate Factory. They give out free samples too when you enter. Its further down the river from the Praetorium iirc. But i enjoyed it along with my tummy. when i was there last year, my Adult ticket was 8.50 E

i dont remember the cost of kids since i dont have any.

For food i didnt eat at any vegi place.

Edited: 12 July 2014, 00:27
Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
596 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Cologne in the rain?

www.oshos-place.de

Oshos Place is a great veggie cafe in Cologne

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,990 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Cologne in the rain?

My reply is probably too late, but nevertheless:

there are little trains for sightseeing running across the city, eg to the Chocolate Museum. Maybe that might be fun for your kids

cologne-tourism.com/guided-tours/mini-train.…

cologne-tourism.com/city-experience/families…

Normally I would suggest to eat in one of the typical brewery houses but I´m not sure if the choice of vegetarian food is huge.

Edited: 13 July 2014, 12:51
4. Re: What to do in Cologne in the rain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 05:17