We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the best way to get from Cologne Airport to Cologne?

Glos
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Whats the best way to get from Cologne Airport to Cologne?

I am staying in the Euro Garden Hotel in Cologne this December and was wondering if anyone know the best way to transfer from Cologne airport to the hotel? I know that the hotel is not far from the train station in Cologne but how do I get from the airport to the train-station? Should I give up and just get a taxi?

If you have made this journey before - can you please help!

Germany
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats the best way to get from Cologne Airport to Cologne?

Take the train to Köln Hbf (Hauptbahnhof, main station), there's a station at the airport with trains every few minutes.

www.airport-cgn.de/main.php?lang=2&id=122

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,832 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats the best way to get from Cologne Airport to Cologne?

The Euro Garden is only a few blocks from the Hbf -- depends on how much luggage you've got, but I'd take the train from the airport to the Hbf and walk.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,839 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats the best way to get from Cologne Airport to Cologne?

Just take one of the S-Bahn or RE trains from the airport train station to the Hauptbahnhof (main railway station).

Single ticket is EUR 2,20.

The airport train station is in the basement of the airport. Shorter distance than to the next taxi. The trains take also the more direct route as the Hohenzollern Bridge is only for trains and pedestrians.

Glos
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats the best way to get from Cologne Airport to Cologne?

Great - thanks everyone.

The Germans sure know a thing or 2 about public transport!

5. Re: Whats the best way to get from Cologne Airport to Cologne?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Cologne
Recent Conversations