We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from luxembourg to dortmund (airport)

Which Dortmund hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
bus from luxembourg to dortmund (airport)

Hi! I'd like to know if there is any bus from luxembourg to dortmund (airport) and how much does it cost. I need it for September 2011. Thank you!

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,709 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from luxembourg to dortmund (airport)

You can check at www.touring.de, but I am certain there are no buses on this relation.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from luxembourg to dortmund (airport)

I think it is very unlikely - there are very few long distance bus services in Germany.

Look at bahn.de to see how long the train will take and how much - there may be special fares if you book in advance and commit to a particular train..

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from luxembourg to dortmund (airport)

I would suggest you buy a train ticket Luxembourg - Cologne 19 €, only valid on the Inter City trains (IC) travel time is about 3 1/2 hours with no train change. Once in Cologne get a -NRW- ticket for 20,30 € destination Dortmund airport and take a direct train to Holzwickede (that's the Dortmund Airport train stop) the journey is a little over 1 hour. From here you get on the airport bus 5 minutes or so. There are stewards from Deutsche Bahn everywhere in Cologne train station to assist you. Time permitting step outside and you are face to face with the famous Cathedral.

cfl.lu/CFLInternet/Espaces/01EspaceVoyageurs

reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en…

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,709 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus from luxembourg to dortmund (airport)

It's quite a lot cheaper to simply buy a ticket from Luxemburg to Dortmund.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus from luxembourg to dortmund (airport)

Show me !

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,549 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bus from luxembourg to dortmund (airport)

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Luxembourg Gare

Destination: Holzwickede

Destination: Dortmund Airport

The EUR 19 special offer is also possible to Holzwickede. At least one of the EUR 24 - 29 - 34 offers should be available. You can buy at earliest 92 days in advance.

Shuttle bus Holzwickede station to Dortmund Airport is EUR 1,50.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus from luxembourg to dortmund (airport)

The savings fare Luxembourg - Dortmund for the early train is 29 € it is subject to availability and you need to book it advance with DB. If you miss the pre-booked train/connecion the ticket is void. Add the cost of the bus ticket: Dortmund - Airport 6 €. Total: 35 €

My proposal Luxembourg - Cologne Special Fare 19 €, always available, valid to the bearer, you can buy it on the day at the counter from CFL. The 20,30 € NRW ticket Cologne - Holzwickede - Airport is fully flexible on that day. Total: 39,30 €

You buy a piece of mind for 4,30 €. No contest !

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,549 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bus from luxembourg to dortmund (airport)

> The 20,30 € NRW ticket Cologne - Holzwickede - Airport

NRW fare ticket

Cologne - Holzwickede is EUR 18,60

the shuttle bus from Holzwickede station to the airport is not covered (EUR 1,50)

Cologne - Dortmund is EUR 20,30

the shuttle bus Dortmund Hbf to the airport is not covered (EUR 6,00). But the airport can also be reached by taking the U47 underground train to Aplerbeck and then changing onto the 440 Bus. This would be covered by the NRW fare ticket.

The EUR 19 "Luxembourg-Cologne Special" ticket is only available for the trains marked yellow in this timetable sheet.

cfl.lu/NR/…Koeln_Horaires2.pdf

As said this ticket can be bought at the CFL counter in Luxembourg. Seat reservation is included.

You can buy the EUR 18,60 NRW fare ticket from Cologne to Holzwickede in Cologne but also online through the DB timetable

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Cologne

Destination: Holzwickede

and select as means of transport "only local transport".

For the shuttle bus from Holzwickede station to Dortmund Airport you just pay with the driver.

Edited: 10 July 2011, 00:31
Montreal, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: bus from luxembourg to dortmund (airport)

Thank you all very much for the information. It's very useful!

10. Re: bus from luxembourg to dortmund (airport)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 02:15