We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advice / suggestions please.

newcastle
Level Contributor
93 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary advice / suggestions please.

Hi All

Travelling on Friday 10th Nov for 2 nights and really excited. It's my 40th so my wife and I are looking to sample galleries, shopping and nightlife.

I'm not entirely sure on timescales so please advise if the below is achievable and please let me know if you think I'm missing something I might be missing out on.

Arrive Friday approx 3pm at bolted NH konigsalle.

As a big fan of Kraftwerk, I'm going to visit the site of the former Kling Klang studio on minstropstrasse.

From there walk up konigsalle for window shopping.

This will bring me into Aldstadt where we will eat ( suggestions please ) before enjoying the Friday nightlife. I plan to visit uerige beer hall and many other places.

Saturday morning.

Up early, hangover permitting and visit galleries such as K20 and Kunsthalle.

Visit carlsplatz market for lunch.

Head to rheinepromenade to walk the river having drinks on way.

Eat near here ( suggestions please )

Evening, plan to go to Sir Walter bar and Salon Des amateurs.

Sunday. Anything I have missed ? Suggestions please. We leave for airport at 1pm. Any nice walks / markets etc I could do.

It'd be very much appreciated if anybody can advise or help.

Many thanks

L'Arte in Cucina
££££, Italian, Mediterranean, European
Ristorante La Luce Due
££ - £££, Mediterranean, Italian, Seafood
Pizzeria Trattoria Romantica
£, Italian, Pizza, Mediterranean
2 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary advice / suggestions please.

The plan sounds great (Sir Walter can be very crowded at the moment - pretty trendy club. But you will love it).

How about media harbor? Not planned?

Re dinner: I would check Basils for Saturday close to graf-adolf-platz and rheinpromenade (res for Saturday recommended / incl. great live music). It's a good start before heading to Sir Walter.

Dinner on Friday: Skip Altstadt - the food is pretty touristy there. Any cuisines you prefer?

newcastle
Level Contributor
93 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary advice / suggestions please.

Many thanks.

I'm planning to eat around media harbour Saturday early evening. Iveva table booked at lido but thinking of changing to Meerbar. It's my 40th so would you have a preference ?

For food on Friday I like the idea of traditional / touristy so thinking of breuei I'm fuschen. It will. E nice to do something fun and touristy before something different on the Saturday.

Thanks again

Mentioned in this post
MEERBAR
MEERBAR
521 Reviews
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reply to: Itinerary advice / suggestions please.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted