We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheapest way to frankfurt from dusseldorf

Palm Beach
3 posts
Save Topic
cheapest way to frankfurt from dusseldorf

i'm landing in Dusseldorf @ around 11:00am need to get to Frankfurt am main, what's the best (cheapest) way to do that. I also need to do it in reverse when I leave in January. Any help would be appreciated.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,814 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheapest way to frankfurt from dusseldorf

If you are alone:

go to www.bahn.de

look for schedules from Düsseldorf Airport to Frankfurt

see whether you can get one of the 29 Euro low-price specials.

Palm Beach
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cheapest way to frankfurt from dusseldorf

Thanks for the tip, went there already, but could not see the schedule or ticket prices for that far in advance. Thank you, as time draws near I'l check www.Bahn.de again.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,814 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheapest way to frankfurt from dusseldorf

>could not see the schedule or ticket prices for that far in advance.

Just enter the same weekday closer to now. The schedules and the (normal) ticket prices will not change much.

If you want the 29 E tickets try to get them about 2 months before travel.

Palm Beach
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cheapest way to frankfurt from dusseldorf

Thanks again, you've been very helpful.

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheapest way to frankfurt from dusseldorf

If you take the S7 from Düsseldorf airport (one leaves every 15 or 20 minutes from the station downstairs) to Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof, from there you can get a train to Frankfurt. I used November 1st as a date as I don't know what date you fly in.

There is an ICE train leaving Düsseldorf Hbf at 12.47pm that will get you into Frankfurt Main at 14.30. The fare is €29 but you have to book well in advance and you can't use that ticket for a later train if you miss that train you had booked. If you want to book the flexi ticket that will allow you to take any train its €68 (both prices are one way)

I would highy recommend the ICE as its fast and comfortable, I used it a few times and loved it.

You can book train tickets online, you can also book your seat for €1.50 eash way, they also have an e-ticket option.

You won't find cheaper than €29, let me know if you need anything else, I will help if I can.

Växjö
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cheapest way to frankfurt from dusseldorf

I wonder how I can get to the train station from Weeze Airport, because I heard that the Weeze airport is not close to the city center or train station.

Växjö
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: cheapest way to frankfurt from dusseldorf

By the way, I want to go to Frankfurt by train from dusseldorf, and I am planning to land on Weeze airport. How can I manage it?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,575 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cheapest way to frankfurt from dusseldorf

Weeze airport is some 80 km west of Düsseldorf.

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

To: Frankfurt

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: cheapest way to frankfurt from dusseldorf

>I wonder how I can get to the train station from Weeze Airport, because I heard that the Weeze airport is not close to the city center or train station.

Take a look at:

airport-weeze.de/…

I think that this website will give you all informations concerning travel by train from/to Airport Weeze.

10. Re: cheapest way to frankfurt from dusseldorf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Dusseldorf
Recent Conversations