We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag Party Next weekend in Dusseldorf...Urgent info needed!

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Stag Party Next weekend in Dusseldorf...Urgent info needed!

hello all

i am flying to dusseldorf next fri 22nd may with 10 other lads until monday. we are staying in various hotels around the altstadt.

i know getting drunk is not the done thing and stags are frowned upon but how and ever!!

i would like to know where are the best bars for beer drinkers in the town. i know there are over 200 in the altstadt but in order to make best use of our time i want to know where are the best ones! only one i have found so far is zum uerige.

we would also like to know any info on strippers in the area...cos every stag likes strippers!

thanks people

Nicitin
5 posts
1. Re: Stag Party Next weekend in Dusseldorf...Urgent info needed!

Hi There!!!

That's where stags happen: The mostly pedestrianised Altstadt (literally old town) is not very big but the more popular. It sports hundreds of bars and clubs, one next to the other, catering of all kinds of flavours. There are so many to choose from, it's hard to recommend where you should go. Just go and check it out for yourselves. What you definitely should not miss is a visit to any (or all) of the breweries like Uerige (Bergerstrasse), Zum Schluessel und Schumacher (both Bolkerstrasse) and Im Fuechschen (Ratinger Strasse). They all proudly produce Dusseldorf's speciality: Altbier (alt meaning old; that doesn't mean the beer is old, it's brewed in the old traditional way), which is dark or copper like in colour and extremely yummy!!! The beers are brewed on the premises and served straight from the cask usually sitting on the bar in small (roughly half pint) glasses. Served in larger glasses it tends to go stale too soon. It's custom that the waiter (Kobes) keeps coming with beers on a tray and serving you drinks (mostly) without asking, putting a pencil mark on your beermat for each drink. You pay when you leave. These breweries are virtually classless and appeal to all ages; you could find top brass CEO's chatting with streetcleaners. It's always busy, can be very noisy, and yes, people do support the local breweries a lot! Yet the whole thing is very zivilised and you won't see people falling off chairs.

Altstadt is busy during the week as well, in particular if the weather is fine. Friday has mainly locals going out while on the weekends people will come from very far to party and it is generally very, very busy. If you are into the buzz then hang out around Berger Strasse, Burgplatz, Bolkerstrasse leading up to Rathaus (Townhall), Kurze Strasse, Muhlenstrasse and Liefergasse. If you like it laidback but rather less touristy than call on Ratinger Strasse. Don't forget to check out the riverfront.

What ladies in birthday suits is concerned you will be very disappointed. Altough you'll find all the razzmatazz in Altstadt, this is nowhere to be found and you will have to relocate. Around Central Station (Hauptbahnhof or Hbf) there will be quite a few to choose from, most of them around Stresemannplatz. Take a cab for less the 10 Euros or the Tube (3 stops) from Heinrich-Heine-Allee. You might even want to walk. Just to fill you in: There is also a Schumacher branch nearby (Oststrasse).

Enjoy!

Nic

....going back there on Saturday myself!

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Stag Party Next weekend in Dusseldorf...Urgent info needed!

thanks for that informative reply!

i have checked out websites and i will start with those

i am sure we will all have a good time!

Nicitin
5 posts
3. Re: Stag Party Next weekend in Dusseldorf...Urgent info needed!

Heya!

Pleasure! Keep us posted who it went down.

Best

Nic

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Stag Party Next weekend in Dusseldorf...Urgent info needed!

it went very well thanks

it was the last wk end of the german football league and dusseldorf got promoted so there were street parties galore. there were alot of places to drink and i was concerned about hitting the best bars but to be honest it didnt matter where you drank during the day as everyone was outside drinking on the streets on benches. it was 25+ and prob will be similar when you are there.

we were told to avoid basement clubs when we were there but we went in 1 or 2 when we were there and had no probs. we were told you could get pick pocketed. there were 11 of us in the end and we had no probs when in and around the altstadt. there was a club across the water recommended to us called 3001 and we were told to to in in 2-3s but to be honest we had that much of a good time in the altstadt we didnt even go.

as for strippers just follow the lights! they all seem to be located around the train station and the one we went to was covered in neon lights. we made the mistake of going into one that a tout in the street told us was the best in the world and it was 5h1t. ask the guy on the door if one of you can go in and have a look before you all commit to paying the €10 in. he did it for free but even if you had to pay it would be better tha all forking out €10 each.it is 30 for a dance in there and 90 to get up on stage.

all in all it was a fantastic place for a stag and i would highly recommend it. i have been on 3 this yr 1 to edinburgh 1 to barcelona and this was so much better. sepecially if you like beer.

5. Re: Stag Party Next weekend in Dusseldorf...Urgent info needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 05:23