We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dusseldorf To Luxembourg

sydney
2 posts
Save Topic
Dusseldorf To Luxembourg

My husband and I are arriving into Dusseldorf Airport on the 27th dec at 21.35

We need to head to luxembourg either that same night or early the next morning.

Is the main train station within dusseldorf airpoy?. If it isn',t can someone please advise me how far it is from the airport

if we were to spend the night in that vicinity, can anyone recommend a clean budget hotel

any advise would be appreciated

cuksta

Mentioned in this post
Dusseldorf Airport
Dusseldorf Airport
Dusseldorf, Germany
Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dusseldorf To Luxembourg

There is a train station and a tram station (- S- Bahn) at the airport but the main train station (Hauptbahnhof) for your train to Luxembourg is in downtown. Journey time from the airport to downtown is about 10 minutes and the fare is € 2,40. I use Düsseldorf airport quite frequently and if needed I stay at Hotel IBIS which is at the train station building. You can trust me with the recommendation it is quiet clean and breakfast is excellent. There is a mall inside the train station with cafes, eating places, shops etc.

accorhotels.com/gb/…index.shtml

Your train schedule are here: enter DUS for the airport and D for downtown. reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en…

Edited: 13 November 2010, 09:23
Mentioned in this post
Dusseldorf Airport
Dusseldorf Airport
Dusseldorf, Germany
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,340 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dusseldorf To Luxembourg

DB timetable

reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en…

To: Luxembourg

To: D (for Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof)

To: K (for Cologne Hauptbahnhof)

Düsseldorf Airport has a Terminal Train Station (1 S-Bahn line) and the Airport Train Station (more S-Bahn lines, regional and far distance trains). But you cannot travel after arrival directly to Luxembourg. You'll have to stay either in Düsseldorf or Cologne. And proceed next morning.

There are quite a number of hotels near the Hauptbahnhof (main train station) of either city.

Edited: 14 November 2010, 01:04
Mentioned in this post
Cologne
Cologne
North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
654 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dusseldorf To Luxembourg

Another thought, stay at the airport at the Maritim or Sheraton, get a good night sleep then head for the train station in the morning. Both are fine hotels and you can often get a good rate. I do a lot of international travel, and know what it feels like to get off the plane. Both hotels are AT the airport, and an easy walk.

ZB

Mentioned in this post
Maritim Hotel Dusseldorf
Maritim Hotel Dusseldorf
1,442 Reviews
Dusseldorf, Germany
sydney
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dusseldorf To Luxembourg

Thanks to you for your advice..hubby and I are very grateful for taking the time

I think we now have our answers :)

5. Re: Dusseldorf To Luxembourg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2011, 05:18