We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stag do alstadt

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
stag do alstadt

im looking to go on my stag do in alstadt old town. can any1 give me any info. whats it like?, whats the best hotel to stay at?

many thanks murflfc

shreveport, la
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stag do alstadt

i stayed at the hotel Rheinischer Hof. Clean and in center of all shopping and pubs, cafes. train station just down the street. hotel has nice breakfast.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stag do alstadt

What do you mean, the best? Usually the best is the most expensive :)

Hyatt is great but not cheap.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stag do alstadt

any hotel really as long as its not that far. can you get direct flights to dusseldorf from manchester and how would you transfer from dusseldorf airport to alstadt??

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,275 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stag do alstadt

Hi murflfc,

there are direct flights from Manchester to Düsseldorf, BMI and Lufthansa.

From the airport to the Altstadt you can go by train to the main station and then by U Bahn (nr. 75, 79) to Heinrich Heine Allee;

or by S Bahn S1 to Düsseldorf Wehrhahn and then by tram 712 to Heinrich Heine Allee.

http://www.duesseldorf-altstadt.de/de/

duesseldorf-altstadt.de/de/stadtplan-10.html

duesseldorf-tourismus.de/en/…

http://www.duesseldorf.de/en/index.shtml

Enjoy

patara01

Edited: 23 February 2011, 17:44
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: stag do alstadt

Rheinischer Hof is quite far away from old town (medium-priced hotel). I would propose to select a hotel more in the city center. There are varios hotels in different price ranges.

According to stag: Just go down in Altstadt on Bolker Strasse. On the weekend there are quite a lot of stag groups there... plus a lot of bars.

Germany
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: stag do alstadt

- If the price doesn't mind :,Breidenbacher Hof , Königsallee

a very hotel , close to the Altstadt

- Not so good, but if you want to stay in the middle of Altstadt :

Sankt Andreas or El Rancho

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: stag do alstadt

Just curious, what is a "stag group" , "looking to go on my stag do" can you expalin to an American what this means?

I'll be going there soon, just trying to figure out if I see any stag groups, should I stay away? To me a stag group, is a heard of deer with large antlers.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,202 posts
629 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: stag do alstadt

Honestly, British English is just something we Americans will never quite be able to understand. My suggestion to you is to go to Duesseldorf, drink a lot in the Altstadt, have a wonderful time, and do not worry about any "stag do's" . Duesseldorf is filled with gorgeous people, so you will be so busy looking at them that you will not even notice the occasional stag do.

ZB

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,275 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: stag do alstadt

I hope so for you:-))!

Because in Cologne there is a vast number of stag groups, mostly Germans, Brits and Dutchs and I have to admitt that sometimes it´s too much...

They are often drunken already in the early morning and swarm round the cathedral and the Altstadt, sometimes in a pretty hilarious or outrageous behaviour.

But there are of course a lot of nice stag groups who just want to have some fun!

formulae.co.nz/wp-content/…Stag-Group.jpg

fiestaweekends.com/components/…20kiev.jpg

Enjoy

patara01

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: stag do alstadt

It's a bachelor party. In german "Junggesellenabschied"

So on Bolkerstrasse you will see many groups of other men or women, usually dressed up in something "crazy" with the future husband/ wife the craziest. That victim often has to do some silly thing, involving random people on the street

Here's an example on Bolkerstrasse:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZI5kDiktkmw/0.jpg

And some more examples of how the Germans celebrate this:

germanblogs.de/pub/germanblogs/frau/Junggese…

findix.com/data/adpix/picture_L/top-junggese… (nice one!)