We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel and parking option for 2 weeks

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
23 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel and parking option for 2 weeks

Hello,

We are flying out out of Dusseldorf airport at 9am on June 12, so we would need a good hotel recommendation for June 11. Ideally, we would be able to leave our car there for 2 weeks and just take the shuttle to the airport in the morning and back when we return. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
653 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel and parking option for 2 weeks

I am not aware of an hotels where you can do that. Andie in the past has recommended parking at a Park and Ride location like at the University and taking public transportation from there. Most lots charge at least 16 Euro a day.

Perhaps Andie can add some more information?

ZB

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel and parking option for 2 weeks

Yes, there are some Sleep+Fly hotels near the airport (paying one night + parking of a week). Just google for "sleep and fly" at the airport duesseldorf (for example Lindner Hotel Airport, Holiday Inn Express, Relaxa, etc.).

There are some free parking lots in the surroundings of Düsseldorf. Would recommend Düsseldorf-Benrath in the south of Düsseldorf. There's a Park and Ride station. From there 2 trains are running directly to Düsseldorf Airport (ca. 12 mins ride). Parking is free there.

Another one is Düsseldorf Südpark (tram station). there's another free parking space avaiable. From there you can take the subway to main station and connect to various trains to the airport.

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
23 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel and parking option for 2 weeks

Thanks a lot for the replies. I did google and found a website called "parken und fliegen", and i was given several hotel options that have shuttle service included with 1 night stay and we will be able to leave our car there for 15 days (included in the room rate as well). It is with the Mercure Duesseldorf Rattingen and it was 102eur for 1 night for 2 people in a double room. I hope the shuttle service works as promised...there are some mixed reviews on tripadvisor so I am a bit worried. In any case I will post a review after my experience to help others. Thanks again!

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,699 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel and parking option for 2 weeks

I usually stay at the Lindner Hotel Airport when flying out of DUS early, you can leave your car there for 2 weeks included in the park + sleep + fly rate I paid 89 EUR, breakfast and shuttle bus to the airport included.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187373-d234…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel and parking option for 2 weeks

You can really trust on the hotels Mercure and Lindner. Used them in other cities, too. They worked very well!

6. Re: Hotel and parking option for 2 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 22:15