We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone Familar With the Windsor Hotel?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
139 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone Familar With the Windsor Hotel?

I am going to be in Düsseldorf for two nights in July. I am thinking of staying at The Windsor Hotel, Grafenberger Allee 36, 40237 Düsseldorf. It's gotten very good reviews. Rate is fabulous. I'm just not sure about the location. I am very unfamilar with Düsseldorf so have no idea about the neighborhood.

It seems convenient. I'll be coming from Essen and, if I am correct the S-Bahn will take me to a station directly in from of the hotel. I'm honestly just not sure.

The other hotel I am considering is the Steigenberger.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone Familar With the Windsor Hotel?

It's very near to the S-Bahn Station Werhahn. So quite convenient in case you wanna go to Main station or up to the north (for example Essen).

Steigenberger is more in the city center and one of the 5* hotels of Düsseldorf (i think they started a refurbishment project now). So, good to visit Altstadt and Königsallee. Subway directly on the opposite.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
139 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone Familar With the Windsor Hotel?

How far is the Windsor from Königsallee? Is it in a suburb or residential area?

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,282 posts
653 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone Familar With the Windsor Hotel?

By foot it is about a 20 minute walk. By S Bahn, as Andie suggests, it is probably less than a ten minute ride. The Windsor is almost at the Werhahn Station as Andie mentions above.

ZB

4. Re: Anyone Familar With the Windsor Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 15:42