We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife on a Monday night

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
nightlife on a Monday night

Travelling through dusseldorf next month on the way to Dortmund for the football. Will be in Dusseldorf for the monday night, appreciate this is probably the worst night of the week but any tips of for bars etc where there's likely to be people.

best bet just to aim for the Altstadt and hope for the best?

Germany
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife on a Monday night

You are right : Altstadt is always the best

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife on a Monday night

Pick one of the beerhalls or pubs in the Bolkerstrasse , or Uerige around the corner

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife on a Monday night

thanks guys, i suspect i'll be quite at home in a beerhall even if there's nobody else there anyway

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,130 posts
606 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nightlife on a Monday night

Believe me, you will find plenty of folks around on a Monday night in Altstadt in Duesseldorf. As the earlier poster said, take a look at Uerige, O'Reilly's, Schumacher, and many others. You will not be lonely.

ZB

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
954 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: nightlife on a Monday night

Absolutely - For Monday, Altstadt is the (only) place to be. All other clubs, etc will remain closed on Monday. It's one of the more calm days in the city.

The only place where you can celebrate on a monday is Alstadt (as mentioned before).

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nightlife on a Monday night

I'm on the way to dortmund for the City game myself storrie after a weekend in Amsterdam

From what I've browsed on the net it's more of a pub/bar place rather than nightclubs, I'm not even sure if the few nightclubs are open on a Monday?

Think we're gonna start in the Bräuerei Schumacher for some food and beer which is near our hotel, then go on to the alstadt where most people seem to think that the Zum Uerige is the best pub.

Can I ask people if it will be worth going to the pubs on ratinger street at this time of the year (which it seems is north of the altstadt)? I'm thinking of heading there first then the alstadt or vice versa

Also, does anyone know where we might be able to watch the Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic game on the monday night that ISN'T AN IRISH BAR (Don't do irish bars abroad)

By the way Storrie I know a few different city fans from different areas who are staying in dusseldorf for the dortmund trip, should be a good monday night this.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: nightlife on a Monday night

ah never even considered a lot of other fans would be stopping off for the night figured most folk would head straight to Dortmund. Ah well i'm sure it'll be a top night then whatever happens

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,130 posts
606 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nightlife on a Monday night

Sorry but your best bet for that game is probably O'Reillys.

ZB

9. Re: nightlife on a Monday night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2013, 10:18