We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Berlin transit in Dusseldorf airport

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,835 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Air Berlin transit in Dusseldorf airport

Hello,

Could anyone clarify the matter with transfer to Zurich flight in Dusseldorf airport... I fly from non-shengen country and certainly will have visa to enter shengen sates. My destination is ZRH, but as i clearly understand * port of entry* will be Germany and my shengen visa will be opened in DUS ( i have to pass immigration between the flights)???? Could anyone confirm if i understand the procedure correctly???

thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
970 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Berlin transit in Dusseldorf airport

In case you have a schengen visa and you fly in to Duesseldorf from outside schengen, you have to pass immigration there and the visa will be opened in Duesseldorf. No further checks in ZRH.

So, you're correct.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,835 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Berlin transit in Dusseldorf airport

Andie008,

Thanks for clarification. Will one hour connection be sufficient for immigration and passing through to the departure gate?????

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,138 posts
610 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Berlin transit in Dusseldorf airport

One hour is plenty. DUS is a small airport. You may need to transfer terminal to terminal but it is simple and quick.

ZB

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,835 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Berlin transit in Dusseldorf airport

Thanks... i`m pretty sure terminal will be the same.

5. Re: Air Berlin transit in Dusseldorf airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 10:16