We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ERB train from DUS flg to DUS hbf question

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
ERB train from DUS flg to DUS hbf question

Hello,

I have booked a specific train ticket (discounted) from DUS flugh to Frankfurt Main Hbf. The first part of the trip is from DUS Flugh to DUS Hbf on an ERB (regional bahn). Does anyone know if I could use this ticket to catch an earlier regional train for the first part of the trip (DUS Flugh to DUS Hbf) to give me additional time for the transfer at DUS Hbf? I realize the ticket is train specific, but I was wondering if that did not apply to the regional train, only to the ICE train from DUS Hbf to Frankfurt Hbf.

Thanks for any help!

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,709 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ERB train from DUS flg to DUS hbf question

> I realize the ticket is train specific, but I was wondering if that did not apply to the regional train, only to the ICE train from DUS Hbf to Frankfurt Hbf.

This is correct - you can take any regional train during the day, the train specific part only applies to long distance trains (ICE, IC, EC etc.)

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ERB train from DUS flg to DUS hbf question

Thanks for your reply, it is greatly appreciated!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,549 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ERB train from DUS flg to DUS hbf question

You can also travel with your train ticket using the S-Bahn S11 which connects the Düsseldorf Airport Terminal train station with Düsseldorf Hbf. Faster, easier (one change less) and cheaper.

When traveling from Düsseldorf Airport train station you have first to get there by using the SkyTrain mono rail which is not covered by your train ticket.

http://www.dus.com/dus_en/b_skytrain

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ERB train from DUS flg to DUS hbf question

Wow, thanks for that information abalada! I did not realize that. So if I understand correctly, using the S11 is covered by my ticket, but skytrain to DUS airport train station is not? In which case, I agree with you that the best option is to simply take the S11 to Dusseldorf HBF.

Thanks again.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,138 posts
610 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ERB train from DUS flg to DUS hbf question

Yes you should take the S11 as it is also easier. Follow the "S"signs In the terminal to the S 11.

ZB

6. Re: ERB train from DUS flg to DUS hbf question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 06:19