We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Hotel Best Choice

USA
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Hotel Best Choice

We will arrive at DUS on Air Berlin at 22.25 from Rome, and depart the next morning at 09:10 also on Air Berlin to Miami. It will be our first and only night in DUS. I want an airport hotel. I see there is a Sheraton and a Maritim. Any other alternative just as convenient? And, if not, which would you recommend between the Sheraton and the Maritim? I'm guessing we will walk from the arrivals area to the hotel, or should I consider doing something different at that time of night? Which one is easier to find and/or get to?

Thanks you.

Dormagen, Germany
Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Hotel Best Choice

Both hotels are close to the terminal. So you can walk from the arrival area with your baggage to the hotels. The Sheraton is a little bit closer to the terminal than the Maritim. The Sheraton is older than the Maritim. But I think both hotels will be a good choice. There is no hotel closer to the airport-terminal than these two hotels.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,961 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Hotel Best Choice

A word about the Sheraton. If you want a smoke-free room, make sure you state "non-smoking" at the booking, and insist. They put me into a smokers room that stank like an ashtray, and would not change me into another claiming they had no other room available. Opening the window does not help because outside you have the smell of kerosene from the airport. An unforgettable night... never again.

USA
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Hotel Best Choice

Thank you!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,219 posts
632 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Hotel Best Choice

I have stayed at both. THe Maratim is newer and nicer. However, breakfast at the Sheraton is better.

ZB

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Hotel Best Choice

I have stayed at the Maritim. It is nice and VERY quiet. No airport noise. The Reniassance is an 18 Euro taxi ride away, perhaps 10 minutes. I just stayed there last week. I recall the Maritim is nicer, so it depends on the price.

USA
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Hotel Best Choice

Thank you.

7. Re: Airport Hotel Best Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:16