We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local bar

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bristol uk
Level Contributor
755 posts
Save Topic
local bar

I will spend a nite in the Alstadt area sampling the bars,but for 1 nite I would like to a drink in a local bar without the tourists.Any recomadations,I will be on a transport pass,staying in the Volksgarten area but can travel

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,127 posts
606 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local bar

We all have our favorite bars in Altstadt. Some are very small and tend to have the same group of folks every night. Most of these will welcome folks who walk in the door even if they are not regulars. However, we all also go to all of the brew pubs, even though these are frequented also by tourists! For instance, Uerige is very popular, outside, all weather, all year, and you will find everyone there.

Why do you want to avoid tourists? Duesseldorf is really cosmopolitan and it is often very hard to tell a tourist from a local, until they open their mouth and speak English or Russian or ? Do you speak German?

ZB

2. Re: local bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 06:19