We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Dusseldorf airport to train station?

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tallinn, Estonia
2 posts
Save Topic
How to get from Dusseldorf airport to train station?

Hello! I'm going to Dusseldorf Weeze Airport with Ryanair and would like to get a train from there to go to Paris. Is the train station far from the airport and how could I get there most easily. Also, how much could it approximately cost?

Thanks in advance!

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Dusseldorf airport to train station?

"Düsseldorf" Weeze is not near Düsseldorf at all, but somewhere near the Dutch border. It's about 150 km from Düsseldorf, and it is not even connected to the railway system. There is a shuttle bus to the train stations in Kevelaer and Weeze, though.

If you want to go to Paris anyway, maybe you won't have to go to Düsseldorf at all. Go to www.bahn.de and use "Weeze Terminal 1" as your starting point and the website will find your connection.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Dusseldorf airport to train station?

Shuttle bus or public transport from Weeze Airport (NRN) to Cologne or Düsseldorf central train stations. From there by Thalys trains to Paris Nord.

shuttle buses

www.airport-weeze.de/en/arriving_by_bus.html

public transport / trains

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: NRN

Destination: Paris Nord

Destination: Köln Hbf

Destination: Düsseldorf Hbf

DB timetable will give you the complete schedules, but if it comes to booking you have to book the Thalys trains separately.

http://www.thalys.com

Price Weeze Airport to Cologne (Köln) is shown by the DB timetable. NRW fare tickets cover also the buses from the airport to Weeze or Kevelaer train stations. From Weeze Airport to Düsseldorf the VRR tariff applies. Single ticket is EUR 15,70. VRR fares are not shown by the DB timetable. Also this ticket covers the complete trip from the airport to Düsseldorf.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,149 posts
609 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Dusseldorf airport to train station?

It is so important for all visitors to Dusseldorf to realize Weeze is NOT Duesseldorf Flughafen, it is not DUS, it is like 80 km. from town. It is a Ryan air hub. It may be cheap, but know what you are doing!

ZB

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
975 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Dusseldorf airport to train station?

Fully agree - this airport should be renamed to Duisburg or Krefeld airport :)

Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from Dusseldorf airport to train station?

i wish i had known that before booking :(

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from Dusseldorf airport to train station?

i wish i had known that before booking :( ???

having used Dussledorf Weeze a number of times for Ryanair flights

its really not the bad, so long as you do your homework

most if not all inbound flights are meet by buses to all the near by major transport links

including Kevelaer and Weeze train stations (about 10-20 minutes by bus)

7. Re: How to get from Dusseldorf airport to train station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 07:20