We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dusseldorf airport layover

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Forsyth, Illinois
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dusseldorf airport layover

I have an overnight layover at Dusseldorf airport. I was planning on staying in Old Town overnight but because of Packaging Expo hotel prices are very high. Is there another town I should consider that would have cheaper hotels and easy airport transportation?.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
609 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dusseldorf airport layover

Take a look at:http://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelsNear-g187373-d2194230-Dusseldorf_Airport-Dusseldorf_North_Rhine_Westphalia.html " The only other thing I can suggest is hrs.com.

ZB

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dusseldorf airport layover

Try Essen, Dortmund, Cologne and Wuppertal. You can reach any of these cities by public transportation in about 45 minutes from Düsseldorf airport. To find your connection, use www.vrr.de

What you could also do: Just search for a hotel that is, say, "within 70 km" of Düsseldorf on www.hrs.de or www.hotel.de and see what comes up. You'd have to check out the website of the hotels that come up to see whether they can be reached by public transportation at all, and whether it is convenient.

This is a lot of work - but it is how I found a hotel near Frankfurt for the time of the book fair for only EUR 45, and I booked this one week before the book fair. It took me about 20 minutes by S-Bahn to get to Frankfurt then, and 20 minutes more to walk to the S-Bahn stop, so it wasn't bad.

3. Re: Dusseldorf airport layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 04:51