We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ibis

Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ibis

Planning a friends stag weekend in dusseldorf and want to stay somewhere like an ibis as for a stag weekend they are pretty much spot on. Want to be near the old town ( walking distance) which ibis would be better the one in the station or the other one?

Feel free to leave other suggestions for hotels close to the old town...

Thanks in advance

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ibis

I've not stayed at either Ibis, but the station is quite a long walk from the old town. During pleasant weather it is an interesting walk, but I'd be prepared to use the U-bahn in poor weather.

Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ibis

Both Ibis hotels are either inside the train station ( HBF) or within walking distance from there.

Anyway, the bigger one is near Kölner Str., so if you are staying there and are planning to walk to Altstadt you have to walk through a long dark tunnel or walk trough the train station which is definitely the safer option.

Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ibis

Any recommendations for a hotel close to the old town, is the motel one close to the old town?

Thanks

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
621 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ibis

What is your budget?

ZB

Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ibis

Budget I would say between 50 and 100 euros per night, would prefer to come in close to the lower end however

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
621 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ibis

Take a look at hotels.com.. I have no good recommendations in that price range. Look at Hotel Auszeit on hotels.com.

ZB

Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ibis

Ok, thank you

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
990 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ibis

In this price range, there should be tons of hotels on the weekend (I assume you travel on the weekend). As ZB said, check hotels.com or hrs.de for offers. Happy to help then.

Just had a wonderful stay at the Innside media Harbour for 75 bucks incl bf on the weekend.

Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ibis

Hi yes it would be on a weekend, the hotel mentionned by previous poster is a one i have looked at, basically I want to be in walking distance to the old town

10. Re: Ibis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 05:16