We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to dusseldorf

Which Dusseldorf hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Schiedam, The...
7 posts
Save Topic
day trip to dusseldorf

Hi, I am going to Dusseldorf for a day, I would like to know about any near by towns or valleys, I am a nature lover, so if anyone has any nice places near by for me, let me know.

By the way, I will by traveling by car.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
975 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip to dusseldorf

You're going one day to DUS to leave the city again? ;)

Ok, how about the Castle of Benrath (with park) and a walk at the rhine river in Benrath/Urdenbach?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip to dusseldorf

The Neanderthal is just outside Düsseldorf. I don't know how to get there by car, but by public transport you'd just take the S28 direction "Mettmann Stadtwald", the stop is called "Neanderthal". ... It's a beautiful place to go hiking, and of course they also have a prehistoric museum there which is quite close to the station.

And there's the Limes in Neuss. The Limes used to be the border of the Roman Empire, and in many places you can still see it, such as in Bavaria, near Düsseldorf, and also in Scotland.

Schiedam, The...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip to dusseldorf

Thank u so much, i need to know is there rhine valley also n if yes, is it worth a visit.

Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip to dusseldorf

Kaiserswerth is easy to reach by tram or boat, its about 10 K's and would make a good day trip.

Here's some more info on it: …wikipedia.org/wiki/…BCsseldorf-Kaiserswerth

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,900 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip to dusseldorf

I would second all the above suggestions, Schloss Benrath, Kaiserswerth with the Kaiserpfalz and Neandertal are nice for a day trip. Or perhaps Zons,

http://www.zons-am-rhein.info/

Not sure what you mean with "Rhine Valley". If you talk about the scenic part of the Rhine Valley, between Bingen and Koblenz, I fear that it might be a little too far just for a day trip, but I´m not sure. Perhaps it´s doable as well.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
609 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day trip to dusseldorf

Personally, I would stay in Duesseldorf for the day. Walk the Rhine on both sides. Go to some of the parks. Duesseldorf is a great walking city and in my opinion much better than Kaiserswerth or the Neanderthal! I would also go with Andie's suggestion of Benrath.

ZB

Schiedam, The...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: day trip to dusseldorf

Thank you all for the suggestions, Actually its 2 hours drive from my home in Nederlands, But as I have some work there early in the morning,so I have the rest of the day to enjoy.

Thank you very much.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: day trip to dusseldorf

skip Dusseldorf there is nothing to do or see there I left early for Cologne now that is a place to see

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
609 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: day trip to dusseldorf

Well, media queenie, we are all sorry you missed one of best cities in the world. While taking nothing away from Cologne, the vibe, ambiance, cosmopolitan sensibility, beauty, Koenigsallee, and the same Rhine sheltered by Altstadt and parks and wonderful museums is what Duesseldorf is about. Want sushi top of the ocean, Duesseldorf. Want night life, Dusseldorf. Want to meet folks, Dusseldorf. Try it again and we will give you some hints!

ZB

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: day trip to dusseldorf

no thanks you must have hid stuff cos I saw nothing I did not even see the Rhine guess it was in another area once was more than enough which is why I got my luggage and left early. The biggest disappointment on my trip.