We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection time at Dus airport for train

Seal Beach...
3 posts
Save Topic
Connection time at Dus airport for train

My flight is scheduled to arrive at the Dus airport in late June at 1340 from LAX on Airberlin.

I need to take the train from the Airport train station (not the local train station under the terminals). The first and most convenient train leaves at 1520. Can anyone who has done this before tell me if it is possible to get off the plane, go through immigration, claim luggage, take the Skytrain and get to the train station by 1510 = about 1-1/2 hours?

I realize that luggager claim and immigration can vary, so I am only looking at general estimates.

Also I have yet to determine if the the ticket cost I might buy for the above departure can be used to reduce the cost of the new ticket assuming I miss the connection.

Thanks for any advice on this,

Rick

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Connection time at Dus airport for train

Hi Rick, I think you already got my response via Flyertalk. 1.5h should be very fine in DUS. I never waited more than 30 mins for immigration + Luggage in DUS.

2. Re: Connection time at Dus airport for train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:16